ABOUT THIS POLICY
You can read or print this whole policy. We use sub-headings to help you find specific information that you may be looking for more easily.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
We are S Moad Enterprises Ltd trading as Escape Hunt Adelaide. Our ABN is 82 436 951 211.
You can contact us via email:
Or by post:
Escape Hunt Adelaide
Level 3, 133 Rundle Mall
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data that you provide to us: There are lots of ways in which you may share your personal data with us, for example, you may register on our website, enter one of our competitions, post on social media sites that we run, contact us in connection with one of our Escape Hunt experiences that you would like to make a booking for, have already made a booking for or that you are participating in, or when you purchase a gift voucher on our website, or you may make contact in connection with a franchise or an investment opportunity. The personal data that you provide to us may include your name, company name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, financial and credit card information, date of birth and gender as well as the details of any enquiry you make with us. We will also collect some information about your booking(s) where applicable such as the game(s) you have booked to play, the date, time and location and the names of any participants you are booking on behalf of.
Personal data about your use of our website: This is technical information and includes details such as your IP address, your visit login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, device type, operating system and platform, as well as details of how you navigated to our website and when you left, what pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
Personal data we receive from 3rd parties: If we work with other businesses or use sub-contractors these parties may collect personal data about you which they will share with us. Or if you are a participant in a game that has been booked by someone else, they may have provided us with your name when they made the booking. Or we may have your name and contact details passed to us by someone else that refers you to us so that we can provide you with our goods or services.
Images and photography
On site photography services: We offer photography services to enable you to get a photo of your Escape Hunt experience.
Images you share with us. For example, when you post images on one of our social media account or when you share them using our Escape Hunt hashtags, or if you agree to us using your image(s) for our own purposes.
CCTV images: We use CCTV in our venues for security and safety purposes. We also use CCTV in the game rooms to enable the Games Masters to assist the players. Images captured through CCTV are recorded and stored.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- Personal data that you provide to us is used to:
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- send you some service emails related to your booking(s) for example but not exclusively: a confirmation once your booking is successful, a reminder email containing some useful information about your booking and a thank you for taking part.
- provide you with marketing information in accordance with your marketing preferences
- if you have provided us with your date of birth and have opted into marketing emails, we may send you some birthday treats
- manage and administer our business
- review and improve our goods and service
Personal data that we receive from third parties is combined with the personal data that you provide to us and used for the purposes described above.
Personal data about your use of our website is used:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
- to deliver relevant promotions and advertising to you online or on social media
WHEN WE NEED YOUR CONSENT TO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Whilst we always want you to be aware of how we are using your personal data, this does not necessarily mean that we are required to ask for your consent before we can use it. In the day to day running of our business we may use your personal data without asking for your consent because:
we are entering into and carrying out our obligations under a contract with you
we need to use your personal data for our own legitimate purposes (such as the administration and management of our business and the improvement of our services) and our doing so will not interfere with your privacy rights
In exceptional circumstances we may wish to use your personal data for a different purpose which does require your consent. In these circumstances we will contact you to explain how we wish to use your data and to ask for your consent. You are not required to give consent just because we ask for it. If you do give consent you can change your mind and withdraw it at a later date.
Please refer to the section on how we use your personal data for marketing to read about marketing consents.
PERSONAL DATA YOU ARE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO PROVIDE
You are not under a legal obligation to provide us with any of your personal data but please note that if you elect not to provide us with your personal data we may be unable to provide our goods or services to you.
YOUR RIGHTS TO KNOW WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD AND TO CONTROL HOW WE USE IT
You have a legal right to know what personal data we hold about you. You can exercise this right by sending us a written request at any time. Please mark your letter “Subject Access Request” and send it to us by email to [email protected]
You also have rights to:
- prevent your personal data being used for marketing purposes
- have inaccurate personal data corrected, blocked or erased
- object to decisions being made about you by automated means or to your personal data being used for profiling purposes
- object to our using your personal data in ways that are likely to cause you damage or distress
- restrict our use of your personal data
- require that we delete your personal data
- require that we provide you, or anyone that you nominate, with a copy of any personal data you have given us in a structured electronic form such as a CSV file
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING AND PROFILING
We do not make use of automated decision making.
WHEN WE WILL SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS
We share your data with the following people in the day to day running of our business:
- other companies that are part of the Escape Hunt group of companies
- any business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors we work with to provide you with goods or services that you have requested from us. For example, we are required to share data with our booking engine provider and payment processors when you make a booking with us. We will also share data with our email service provider in order to send you service or marketing emails.
- analytics and search engine providers (such as Google Analytics) that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site
- we may also share your personal information with third parties on a one-off basis, for example, if:
- we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own), in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SAFE
We take every care to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and we have implemented a range of measures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure or destruction of the information we hold about you.
Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of personal data sent to our website; you send us personal data at your own risk. Please contact us immediately if you believe that your personal information under our control has been compromised.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR MARKETING
We will add your details to our marketing database if:
- you make an enquiry about our goods or services
- you buy our goods or services
- you have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contact details so that we can send you updates about our goods and services
- you have registered with us (for example on our website, or at one of our locations) and have indicated during the sign-up process that you are happy to receive marketing communications
- We may also send you marketing communications by email if you give us your consent to do so. You can unsubscribe from those at any point by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
- We never share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
WHEN WE WILL SEND YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside Australia by us or by our sub-contractors.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We only keep your personal data for as long as we actually need it. For example, in practice, this generally means that we will keep:
- a record of the goods and services we provide to you (including a copy of your full customer file) for as long as our business is operational
- a record of your contact details and interactions with us on our marketing file until you object to marketing or ask for your information to be deleted
In some case we may need to keep your information for longer in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Please note that we may anonymise your personal data or use it for statistical purposes. We keep anonymised and statistical data indefinitely, but we take care to ensure that such data can no longer identify or be connected to any individual.
If you have any questions about how long we may retain specific information for, you can contact us using the contacts details included in this policy.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you are unhappy with the way we have used your personal data, please contact us to discuss this using the contact details set out in the section above.
We have 30 days to respond to your complaint. If you do not receive a response within 30 days or are dissatisfied with our response, you can complain to the OAIC in writing. Visit this website for more information https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/how-do-i-make-a-privacy-complaint.
HOW WE KEEP THIS POLICY UP TO DATE
We will review and update this policy from time to time. This may be to reflect a change in the goods or services we offer or to our internal procedures or it may be to reflect a change in the law.
The easiest way to check for updates is by looking for the latest version of this policy on our website (www.escapehunt.com/adelaide) or you can contact us to ask us to send you the latest version of our policy.
Each time we update our policy we will update the policy version number shown at the end of the policy and the date on which that version of the policy came into force.
This is policy version 1 which came into effect on August 13th, 2018.