We’re currently hiring Casual Game Masters! Please read ALL the eligibility criteria and application requirements before you apply.
A Games Master is the most important part of the Escape Hunt experience. An enthusiastic, intuitive games master, who takes care and shows precision in how they set up and run a game, makes or breaks a customer’s experience. A Games Master has a great responsibility for ensuring the Escape Hunt experience is positive, fun and tailored to the group. This role provides lots of variety, responsibility and fun. No two days will be the same!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Valid Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate for South Australia (or ability to obtain one prior to commencement of work) Current Responsible Person badge is desirable.
- First Aid certificate (desirable)
- Must be available and willing to work regularly Friday nights, Saturdays (9am-11pm) and Sundays (11am-9:30pm). Some weekday shifts are also available, particularly during school holidays
- Experience working in a customer-facing role, within a highly customer focused organisation
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and spoken
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to follow instructions
- Demonstrated pro-activity
- A strong sense of FUN!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Greeting guests and showing them to our reception area
- Selling an serving an assortment of beverages (inc. alcoholic) and snacks
- Briefing each group about escape rooms, the rules of the game, what to expect in the room and the context of the story line of the room they are playing
- Watching the groups playing via CCTV to ensure they are on track, responding to requests for help from the group and providing prescribed clues/hints where appropriate.
- Debriefing with the group upon completion of the game
- Seeking feedback, taking photos and post-game refreshments
- Promoting merchandise sales and repeat booking offers to customers
- Obtaining in-depth knowledge of each game room, the story, puzzles and clues within each room.
- Re-setting all clues, puzzles and props in a timely and precise manner once a group is finished, to ensure a consistent and optimum experience for the next group.
- Thoroughly checking each room prior to a group entering to ensure the game is ready to play, with no reset errors.
- Ensuring that all rooms, lounge area, bar, store rooms and toilets are cleaned regularly and kept in a neat and tidy manner.
- Ensuring that all cups, glasses and cutlery are cleared, loaded in the dishwasher and packed away in a timely fashion.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Your cover letter MUST include your availability for shifts and WHY you want this role. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please note that ONLY applications that include both a CV and a cover letter will be considered.